This morning, the lovely people at BBC Radio Coventry and Warwickshire asked me if I would go on air and have a quick chat about wedding insurance on the Annie Othen show.
Of course, I was only too happy to and it was a great opportunity to explain a little about what wedding insurance is, what it covers and more importantly, what it doesn’t cover.
You can listen to a recording of the interview below – thanks to Steve for recording it for me.
If the player above doesn’t work, just try the direct link here.
- The average cost of wedding insurance last year was just £51.55
- The average cost of a wedding was £15,500
- As with any insurance product, always read the policy wording through carefully so that you exactly what is and isn’t covered.
- Read some reviews on wedding insurance – Look at the Defaqto Star Ratings, or ask on forums such as Wedding Ideas or Hitched.
- ‘Cold feet’ or ‘change of heart’ isn’t covered, nor would you be covered for bad weather. Extreme weather (such as heavy snow) that prevented the majority of guests from attending probably would be covered though.
- Buy wedding insurance as early as you can in the planning process – most policies will cover you for up to 24 months.