Interview With BBC Radio Coventry and Warwickshire
This morning, the lovely people at BBC Radio Coventry and Warwickshire asked me if I would go on air and have a quick chat about wedding insurance on the Annie Othen show.
Of course, I was only too happy to and it was a great opportunity to explain a little about what wedding insurance is, what it covers and more importantly, what it doesn't cover.
You can listen to a recording of the interview below. Thanks to Steve Hooper for recording it for me.
If the player above doesn't work, just try this direct link - BBC Radio Coventry Interview MP3.
- The average cost of wedding insurance last year was just £51.55
- The average cost of a wedding was £15,500
- As with any insurance product, always read the policy wording through carefully so that you exactly what is and isn't covered.
- Read some reviews on wedding insurance - Look at the Defaqto Star Ratings, or ask on forums such as Hitched.
- 'Cold feet' or 'change of heart' isn't covered, nor would you be covered for bad weather. Extreme weather (such as heavy snow) that prevented the majority of guests from attending probably would be covered though.
- Buy wedding insurance as early as you can in the planning process - most policies will cover you for up to 24 months.
Protect your special day with wedding insuranceCompare cover and prices »
CompareWeddingInsurance.org.uk is a trading name of Leyton Solutions Limited.
Registered in England and Wales, Company number 7022117. Registered address: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
Leyton Solutions Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Insuremore Ltd, Insure For Travel Limited, Voyager Insurance Services Ltd, NDI Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers Limited and Alternative Propositions Limited who are all authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Leyton Solutions Limited is also an Introducer Appointed Representative of Blue Insurance Limited who is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for UK business.